College Identification Package:
- Assess the student’s academic record, extracurricular activities, goals and interests based on in-depth interview with the student and parents and a review of student and parent questionaires.
- Determines colleges and/or universities that best meet the student’s academic and social needs based on an assessment of the student’s high school record, extracurricular activities, sports and/or other special talents or interests.
- Develop specific suggestions to enhance the student’s resume academically and through extracurricular activities and internships.
- Following careful evaluation of the student’s goals, abilities, interests and other pertinent information, submit and review a viable list of colleges and/or universities with the student and parents.
Essay and Application Package:
- Keep the student on track during the college search process with respect to managing time, registering for required tests, filling out applications, requesting recommendations, setting up interviews and college visits, writing essays and submitting applications.
- Advise students and parents on:
- Highlighting what makes the student stand out.
- Applying Early Decision or Early Action
- The benefits of individualized tutoring or prep courses for the SAT and ACT.
- Selecting essay topics, including working with the student to write effective essays.
- Developing and submitting a resume that highlights the student’s interests, activities and work experience.
- Athletic or special talent recruiting, including art, music, theatre and dance.
- Academic and personal recommendations.
- Addressing extenuating circumstances impacting the student’s application.
- Responding to a deferred or wait list decision.
- Review ALL completed applications prior to submitting.
- Practice interview skills and provide information on the college interview format, i.e. individual or group sessions and how the interview influences acceptance.
- Evaluate options following acceptances.
- Provide continuous support through the entire college search process via meetings, email and teleconferences.
- Prepare the student for their transition into college life.
Includes all services listed in the college identification and Essay and Application packages above plus:
- Provide career and/or aptitude tests, and/or referrals for individualized testing as indicated.
- Suggest financial aide or scholarship possibilities.
- Follow-up freshman year with any questions, issues. or concerns that students or parents have.
- Provide any of the services listed above at an hourly rate.
- Hourly fees can be applied to any package up to $1,000.